So, this is the day that I have decided to take the test. I woke up at 5:30 am, went straight to the bathroom and POAS (pee on a stick!). As expected, the result was positive. Wow! I had mixed emotions and random thoughts...
"I'm not infertile!! Yay!"
"Daddy Jarbs' boys can swim. Yay!"
"How do I tell Daddy Jarbs?"
"I do not want to gain too much weight and look like an oompa loompa!"
"Do I tell anybody? Who do I tell?"
"Oh no, I won't be able to wear the $100 jeans I bought recently"
Yes, so many random (and shallow) thoughts were in my head. Of course, I was happy and relieved to know that my gut feel was right and was indeed pregnant. However, I did not want to get my expectations too high just yet and decided to buy a couple more pregnancy tests to confirm. I TRIED to normally go about with my day, acted normal and did not mention anything to Daddy Jarbs. For the second day in a row, I had green mangoes and shrimp paste for breakfast. I am still craving for sour and salty food.
Needless to say, I was distracted all day and can't concentrate at work. I pretty much spent all day researching for OB GYN doctors since I do not have one. I called my general doctor's office and scheduled an appointment with her so she can take a blood test and get OB GYN referrals. The doctor is out all week next week and the earliest day that she could see me is on Mar 1st. I grabbed the appointment and continued my search for an OB GYN in DC who is reputable and have great reviews.
I went about with my normal lunch work out routine and took spin class. I was mindful of the fact that I may indeed be pregnant so I tried to take it easy and made sure that my heart rate does not go way beyond 140 bpm. After work, Daddy Jarbs had to go to the Wizards game so off I went to the gym for my second work out which is my bootcamp class. I did feel very sluggish and noticed that my energy level was low. After the gym, I went straight to CVS and bought 2 different brands of pregnancy tests and a bottle of prenatal vitamins. When I got home, I went straight to the bathroom and POAS again.
Wow!
Speechless...
Yes, BFP = Big fat positive!!! Now, I am convinced that I really am pregnant. I felt relieved. After I confirmed this, I immediately thought about how to break the news to Daddy Jarbs. I planned on making a card and breaking the news there along with a book that I bought at Borders early in the night. On a side note, as I was pulling into the Borders parking lot, I thought to myself, "yay, I can park at expectant mother's parking spot" now! LOL!
I worked on the card for the next couple of hours. Just as when I was about to print it, I realized that our printer needs a new cartridge. Argh. Off to plan B. I converted the card to powerpoint and saved it on Daddy Jarbs' computer.
(Click to enlarge photos)
After reading, he looked at me and said "Really?!?!?!?". I nodded and we hugged each other. Yes, there were tears from the both of us. Happy tears :-). We sat there and talked for the next half hour...
"We have to fix the baby room.."
"We should think of names.."
"Who and when should we tell our family and friends?"
We decided not to tell anybody just yet. We want to wait until we have our first appointment with the doctor and hear the heartbeat. We'll probably tell our families next time we see them. Incidentally, my mom and sister are coming to DC this March so we can break the news to them personally. I am sure they will be thrilled since they've been waiting for this since the day after we got married.
We finally went to bed past 1 am. Daddy Jarbs said "goodnight mommy" :-). I knew this is the start of a new chapter in our lives.




No comments:
Post a Comment